PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2023, 11:09
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rutan16 Said "Skip can you perhaps rephrase the earliest slightly racist comment re changes in societal attitudes and norms ." WTAF?

Accusing someone of racism is a serious matter not to be taken lightly, this isn't a school playground. So let me remind you of the "terrible" thing said.
I said : "Isn't another view that with rapid demographic change running rampant despite the "Conservative" Party's best efforts, that future long haul growth out of MAN may well not be West at all? Look at Saudia and Air India into BHX, the changes in our society are becoming more and more apparent. Glory days may well
lie ahead, just not to the US or Canada."

I made no comment on attitdes at all! I presented an objective measure with no underlying sentiment. The population split of the area is moving quickly towards a smaller % white British and population growth is coming from new immigrant communities who still believe in having kids, we've given up! Hence over time, the overall % of long haul going West will likely fall as people travel East to reconnect or visit family. If you can't see that, or deal with it, and shriek "racist" when presented with the most basic of trends, then maybe debate isn't for you. These boards remain some of the more calm and thoughtful on the internet, let's try and keep it that way, and not yell "FIRE" when we disagree.
There's a reason that Emirates sent the A380 to MAN so early on before many other traditional European capitals, embrace that, deny it, the choice is yours. But this isn't the world of Gil Thomson anymore, for better or worse. Stop trying to turn the clock back, there's bigger opportunities elsewhere it seems to me.
As for the guys involved in secret squirrel conversations who say "Airline A is a cert for 2025" well we hear this annually.....