PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2023, 09:42
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
It hasn’t “evaporated” but has reduced in size and airlines can make more money flying their aeroplanes somewhere else. If the MAN crows could look past narrow conspiracy theories about London always doing the north down for even half a second, you’d see that with United, they have chosen to add service from Newark to Nice, Naples, Faro and Malaga for S24. American has gone to Copenhagen, Nice and Naples (they’ll be busy). JetBlue has gone to Edinburgh and Dublin

Any of that capacity could theoretically have come to MAN. None of it has. The airlines are concluding there is more money to be made elsewhere.
None of that disproves the potential oversight . All EU -US points REMAIN OPENSKYS, Americans are cruise worshippers queue those points, and Edinburgh a dedicated US entry point for rules prior.

I accept the current effects of dollar/pound ratios and the general economic malaise within the wider UK economy especially prevalent in the regions where manufacturing work ratios are higher .

Skip can you perhaps rephrase the earliest slightly racist comment re changes in societal attitudes and norms .

Remember Manchester has been connected on a near daily basis to New York ( caveat a 2 year break on the collapse of Laker - even that period covered by KT charters to Newark) since 1957 ! - Longer than most other European cities of its size including many capitals.

I am also not the least implying that Edinburgh hasn’t /doesn’t deserve their valuable bounty albeit heavily seasonal( yes is increasing in length sure)

If there is this potential and legal barrier right now as Navi says NASA we have a problem because that makes Manchester or indeed Birmingham so much easier to fail first principle risk analysis whatever the potential revenue figures might otherwise suggest down the line.

At this point that’s where MAG development team MUST interdict and support , rather than ignore calls. If that is where the team have been for the last few years its a gross dereliction of duty to the shareholders and things including people regrettably must Change !

As for aircraft shortages at United well aware of that in relation to the 321XLR deliveries and schedules - Simply won’t be on estate in any numbers before late spring 2025 anyway.

Even before reading the document referred to I expected nothing before June 2025 anyway.
To some extent I remain optimistic that timeframe is achievable , caveat clarity on the agreement between the UK and US authorities meantime.

If those potential issues aren’t ironed out you can forget it and those frames will be deployed elsewhere. I am also not sure of the rate and how many will initially replace the remaining 757 frames on existing routes before capacity is available for meaningful expansion.

Same could be applied to American from Philadelphia.

As for Delta expect further leverage of Virgin Atlantic into the mid term and I do expect a further west coast route to be restored at some point .

Big question is probably Boston widget or Red tail or more likely Clover ☘️

Last edited by Rutan16; 19th Nov 2023 at 10:02.