PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generation CAE MPL easyJet
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2023, 21:35
bitcoin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Richard.

The post has now gone through, if you want to take a look at my thought process for integrated (I know I'm going against the grain here in this forum, but I hope how I explain it establishes some rationale behind my interest).
Might I add:
- Going for modular in this current climate, we'll say it costs £50k-60k excl. TR if airline wants you to pay for it.
Most modular plans include distance learning reducing the price by about 3-4k, which, despite my motivation for my dreams I just cannot facilitate.

- Going integrated with a BSc degree and receiving student finance rather than a modular route is not a huge difference. Student finance, if I'm not mistaken, is mandatory to be paid back once I start making income and above a certain threshold. I think I would also need some support post-training for placement.
- Finally, it might sound a bit ridiculous, but potentially being one of the younger trainees to start I'd like familiarise and build relationship with other fellow trainees. If I went down the modular route, there wouldn't be long to get to know some of my colleagues.
(I don't really have many friends interested in aviation and serious in this career)