PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2023, 16:58
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JW95
Sotonsean, we absolutely do, and I always enjoy and appreciate seeing your posts and insights on this and other threads

With regard to what has been happening at London Gatwick this year- 2023 has been a good one as far as new airlines and pre-Covid resumptions are concerned, and things have happened that no one expected. For instance, Air India was a surprise to many of us, as was Air Mauritius moving from LHR and China Southern joining Gatwick from next month. I doubt people saw these coming. Stranger things have happened and do happen, so I wouldn't entirely rule out seeing Cathay Pacific back at Gatwick again. However, much of this is going to depend on the recovery of the LON-HKG market as well as CX's prioritisation of route resumptions going into 2024. Only time will tell of course, but hopefully 2024 will build on the success of this year for Gatwick.
I appreciate your first paragraph and the comments and I totally agree with you. I too always appreciate seeing your posts and engaging with you. There's been a lot of good news to discuss about on here in 2023 regarding London Gatwick as you have rightly pointed out in your post.

Regarding new or resumption of airlines at London Gatwick in 2023.

Out of all those airlines starting service to London Gatwick in 2023 there is one particular airline that shocked us the most. That airline was in my opinion Saudia. Having never previously used LGW it came as a huge surprise when they first announced Jeddah to London Gatwick.

Most if not all of the other airline announcements for London Gatwick in 2024 we're either service resumptions or new short haul entrants.

Service resumptions in one way or another for the following airlines such as,

Air Algérie
Air China
Air India
Air Mauritius
Atlantic Airways
China Eastern
Delta
Ethiopian Airlines
Lufthansa

Hopefully TAAG Angola Airlines are still intending on starting Luanda to London Gatwick in December as originally planned. But I have a feeling that this has either been cancelled or delayed by the airline.

I do however agree with you to some extent regarding Cathay Pacific so I won't elaborate any further on the subject.

Hopefully 2024 will be another bumper year for London Gatwick with even more airline announcements particulary regarding long haul.

Best regards 👍

Last edited by Sotonsean; 18th Nov 2023 at 18:00.