PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marches in and out tales
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2023, 10:53
Fortissimo

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
During a brief period as a 'holding officer', I was required to be Oi/c a few 'march outs' because the Families Officer who normally did such things was on leave. No problem, I declared anything and everything to be 'fair wear and tear' and also demanded to know from the blunt civvy idiot who accompanied me why various faults hadn't been rectified, despite having been correctly reported months earlier! When Her Ladyship the Pilot Officer returned from leave, she was aghast at the way I'd behaved. But she lived in the OM and had no real understanding. She wasn't too keen that I was in the habit of addressing her SAC by his first name, rather than as 'SAC Jones'..... or that I took it in turns to make the tea for the office. OC GD thought it was hilarious when he saw how she huffed and puffed!
I had a similar experience, Beags, at Valley. If it is the same P/O (Sue?) she had the ability to point her upturned nose at a cooker, which would immediately disassemble itself and wave dayglo flags pointing to grease etc. along with displaying its own calculation of the required cleaning time. She was also in the habit of charging 10p per weed in the garden until I suggested this was a good way of alienating the entire community. She argued, I pointed out that she lived in the mess (never in MQs) and that this particular Flt Lt, wearing a new set of wings, had lived in them all his life (Dad was serving at the time) and had never met anyone quite so petty. She eventually got straightened out by OC Admin. I made my own tea.