PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marches in and out tales
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2023, 23:46
BEagle

Received 277 Likes on 112 Posts
During a brief period as a 'holding officer', I was required to be Oi/c a few 'march outs' because the Families Officer who normally did such things was on leave. No problem, I declared anything and everything to be 'fair wear and tear' and also demanded to know from the blunt civvy idiot who accompanied me why various faults hadn't been rectified, despite having been correctly reported months earlier! When Her Ladyship the Pilot Officer returned from leave, she was aghast at the way I'd behaved. But she lived in the OM and had no real understanding. She wasn't too keen that I was in the habit of addressing her SAC by his first name, rather than as 'SAC Jones'..... or that I took it in turns to make the tea for the office. OC GD thought it was hilarious when he saw how she huffed and puffed!

A mate on 56(F) had been billed £lots by the system when he'd been marched out of his quarter at Leuchars and hadn't been able to cut the grass due to having been on detachment and his wife having to look after a young child. But when another chap had taken over the quarter, the garden was a jungle and it had cost him a fair penny to put right.... Fortunately the two of them knew each other as both were F-4 aircrew. So one day the chap on 56(F) popped up to Leuchars, met up with his chum and had a showdown with OC Admin. He agreed and had the offending person brought to his office for an explanation. Costs were reimbursed immediately!