PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 17th Nov 2023, 16:37
Liffy 1M

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by treadigraph
Another Saudi AF C-130 just droned NW over London, assume an H as it was quite a deep drone.

Re Aeroflot, not seen anything of them since the embargo began and I'd assume any passenger/freight communications for Russian diplomatic staff will be via a third state - think there are flights between Moscow and Dubai for example? As I recall there have been at least two Rossiya flights to the USA to pick up expelled diplomats!
The ban on Russian carriers within the EU is described as follows:

"Except in case of some limited exceptions. In accordance with Regulation (EU) 833/2014 it is prohibited for any aircraft operated by Russian air carriers, including as a marketing carrier in code-sharing or blocked-space arrangements, or for any Russian-registered aircraft, or for any non-Russian-registered aircraft which is owned or chartered, or otherwise controlled by any Russian natural or legal person, entity or body, to land in, take off from or overfly the territory of the Union, except in case of an emergency landing or emergency overflight."

I am not sure whether the UK sanctions are exactly the same but, assuming that they broadly are, no Russian-owned or -registered aircraft would be permitted to enter UK sovereign airspace unless by agreement. In the case of the US, I think that access has also been permitted in connection with attendance at the UN General Assembly in New York, for example.