PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufty at SFO
Thread: Lufty at SFO
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2023, 03:38
Check Airman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
Who said anything about being on the LLZ? Look at the chart, for goodness sake. The LLZ is way off the "RNAV" QB track. I'm beginning to think that you have done nothing like this in a jet.

The RNAV visual has a pretty easy to follow FMS procedure. Load it and off you go. Even if you wanted to fly the procedure that was shown, it's not really hard...

How many times in a high-capacity RPT jet?

Not sure what that is, but a few times in an A321. Incidentally, every time was at night. Again...pretty unremarkable approach.

Agree.

Well der, obviously! That's what the whole topic is about. I give up.
If you need to fly a straight in ILS every time, how'd you manage to survive in a piston? If you're cleared for a visual abeam the field at 3000ft in your current plane, are we to expect a 10 mile final? Have you ever flown into JFK and done the canarsie approach? The Light visual to Boston? How about the circling approach into TGU?

Are these dangerous approaches that only the Atlantic Barons are capable of flying, or should any competent professional pilot be able to execute them? The approach into SFO is considerably easier than all of the above. I suspect you'd also consider me dangerous, as my last landing was a night time visual, sans automation.