PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAMRA/SARON/INRAT
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2023, 03:05
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to get the best source for SARON, SAMRA and INRAT study guide?
Transport Canada Study and Reference Guides

​​​​​​​whats the meaning of CAP and CFS in the point number 5?
Both the CAP and the CFS are components of the Transport Canada Aeronautical Information Publication.

CAP - The Canada Air Pilot is a collection of manuals that describe the instrument procedures used at Canadian airports. There is a General Section (CAP GEN) that is a must, hence my specific inclusion in the list above. The other eight volumes contain the procedures for a particular part of Canada. For example, CAP 1 covers all the instrument procedures in the territories, whereas CAP 4 covers Ontario. There are two CAP versions for Quebec, one in English (CAP 5) and one in French (CAP 6). Although you will use the CAP during training, many commercial operators and almost all airlines use Jeppesen for this information.

CFS - In short, the Canada Flight Supplement is the official airport directory for all registered airports and aerodromes. It is reference material used primarily during flight planning to identify if the airport you are flying to has all the equipment, lighting, and fuel you need. Also included are communications procedures, some VFR transit information, and information regarding radio aids and emergency procedures. It is heavily used at flight schools and smaller operators, but at the airlines, we primarily reference company-produced documents or those published by Jeppesen.

You will need to become intimately familiar with how to quickly read and interpret both the CAP and the CFS for most Transport exams in Canada.