PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East Airline Predictions - 2024
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2023, 18:15
Jennie Blond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Middle East Airline Predictions - 2024

Exceptionally interesting times lie ahead for the region in terms of airline offerings. My personal observations:

Saudia investing heavily in quite a phenomenal fleet and product upgrade. One to watch, especially if one rumoured big change happens in the Kingdom.

Abu Dhabi airline has relaunched with an incredible new product and sterling branding, in partnership with Armani. And a brand new airport terminal to flash it out. This company is going to make big waves in the year ahead. Having tried the product recently, I can only say wow!

Emirates coming to us head-on with a huge order announcement and a brand new business class, not before time. But it will be a Business Class with bells and whistles that only Emirates can pull-off. Standby to be impressed.

Air-India: quite a mixed-up refresh with too much product inconsistency. But they will fix that. Mumbai and Delhi will be the next Dubai/Doha in terms of hub connectivity, only at a fraction of the cost. The new Air-India will be a force to be reckoned with.

Riyadh Air: will stutter at the beginning, a bit like Tony's previous outfit. But, again, with lots of funding behind it, the will soar in a few years. I think it will take 5 years to truly put them on the map.

Qatar Airways will be the loser in all this. Peaked too early with Q-Suite. Too much product inconsistency remains. Fares are high. Doha hub is a zoo most of the time. And - dare I say it - the departure of the Chief will dent the stability of the airline, even within the peer group industry. Although he had a mixed reception, AAB was "better the devil you know". Partner companies are a bit shaken by the arrival of the relatively unknown Badr Meer. Qatar is in the need of a branding refresh. The grey/burgundy/oryx have served well (in one form or another) since 1994/ then 1997 relaunch. But QR is "floating" at the moment and their product quality is showing signs of decline.

Interesting times ahead.