PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2023, 07:59
Lepo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TorqueStripe
Nobody has to go out of base. But what's wrong of the company to offer extra incentive for people willing to help out at and at the same time experience a different base/country from time to time?
I'm actually surprised about this desire to work in aviation, but at the same time never leave home and sleep in one's own bed every night - but then again, I'm an old-ish git that started flying more than 2 decades ago and have worked on 5 continents. Especially in the low cost world with no layovers, what (besides IG for the younger generation) is so appealing about sitting in a tube all day, flying thousands of miles, but not going anywhere and not experiencing other cultures, food, countries?

I understand your point and agree with you, but we are human beings and, as such, have different preferences, personalities and priorities.
Some people want to be home as much as possible with their families, they may have young kids, sick relatives or it might fit better their lifestyle.
Others enjoy flying to different destinations, having a layover and seeing different places.
Others want to make as much money as possible regardless of lifestyle because money is their priority at that point in life.

And the same person will change over time. He or she might prioritize one thing at a certain age and something else once he/she is older, so you will always have people complaining about their jobs since most airlines won't offer contracts that address all those different lifestyles/preferences.