PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2023, 07:35
Jhieminga

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by fill_ot
This may be a bit of a long shot.
I am trying to identify the function of two printed circuit boards from an Olympus 593 Engine Engine Control Unit (ECU). I worked on Concorde and its ECUs at Filton for many years in the 1970s and 80s.
When Concorde retired in 2003 I requested from British Airways and was given 2 ECU PCBs as a souvenir.
There were of course 8 ECUs on each aircraft, 2 per engine. Each ECU had about 20 different PCBs. I have sometimes wondered just what the function was of my 2 PCBs. Maybe someone knows or has the relevant ECU Overhaul Manual. I have already asked various organisations for help - Ultra Electronics the manufacturers of the ECUs, British Airways, Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust and some museums. I've had some helpful replies but no actual answers.
Marked on the PCBs ae their drawing numbers: 46546-629-0 and 46456-602-0.
I have tried to attach some photos but there seems to be some forum setting that's preventing this!
Thanks
That's an interesting challenge, but one that is very hard to solve. Have you tried asking on the Concordesst.com website and their forum? As you say, you would need to find a very specific overhaul manual and I don't know if a manual like that is even around, other than in a heritage collection somewhere.