PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows - toxic culture
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2023, 08:00
beamer

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
Many, many years ago, I was in command of a C130 in support of a Red Arrows detachment overseas. As it was the end of the season, the entourage included the new recruits for the following season ( both Red and Blue ) and the Air Commodore CFS and his own group of hangers on. On arrival at Scampton, I was asked to visit the Team Managers Office ( S/L Henry something ) and was given a pre-emptive ‘bollocking’ for my crew warning against any bad behaviour by Truckies on tour in our nasty green grow bags.

Well, all went swimmingly well until we arrived in a friendly Middle Eastern Country and were ensconced in a very agreeable Hotel within the City Walls. Truckies being Truckies we were not very interested in Cocktail parties so legged it into the town to find a decent restaurant. The evening almost over we returned to the Hotel for a nightcap only to find a pissed up group of Reds, including Senior Officers, creating mayhem which included one ‘Red’ walking through a plate glass window fortunately with only a few flesh wounds - it may have been the next seasons leader but as I said, it was a very long time ago.

Apparently some things don’t change !
The following users liked this post: