PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2023, 18:26
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MARKEYD
I doubt it very much
Jet 2 plan years in advance look at the launch of the LPL base and S25 on sale already
No way are they going to allow 6 months to launch a new base , crew it and promote good sales for the summer

It probably will be EasyJet on a very low scale , test the market and go from there

If BA Cityflyer can’t make Alicante work though I am surprised , load factors in August being 34 % not good for peak season

Guess this coming week things may all become a bit clearer and everyone can breathe a collective sigh of relief …
I totally agree with you regarding Jet2. There are some on here who don't think like that but just dream.

Regarding BA City Flyer.

If there was more of a comprehensive schedule rather than just a weekly flight I'm sure that the load factors would be far higher. Unless you're planning a week away the operation by BA City Flyer is totally useless for the majority of people including myself.

Alicante is a prime destination and the load factors don't represent the full story. It's the weekly flight and it's expensive, same goes with former and present destinations flown by BA City Flyer from Southampton.

I tend to have three sometimes four days off a week. I enjoy going on short breaks rather than lengthy holidays. In the summer I like to get away at least once a month maybe more for a short break away. Flying out on a Sunday or Monday morning and returning on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening. I can't do that with the likes of BA City Flyer from my local airport.

Because of the lack of service from my local airport I tend to use LGW and LHR. Being a British Airways Executive Club member my choice of airline tends to be British Airways. What annoys me most is that I have to drive past my local airport on the M27 on my way to either LGW or LHR.

​​​The Loganair schedules from SOU are excellent and hopefully they will make an announcement soon regarding MAN-SOU. The same applies to the Aer Lingus Regional (Emerald Airways) schedules to SOU.

I won't use BOH as I eventually stopped using Ryanair in 2015 after getting absolutely fed up with their continuous on-board announcements and their ever increasing baggage fees. My first flight with Ryanair btw was in 1997 and I've flown with them over 100 times since but not any longer.