PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO Threatens Capt. With Gun
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2023, 17:51
Chiefttp

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From a friend of the Captain at my airline,

“CA is a friend of mine, he’s a good dude, 100 percent not on the “list” 😂… I got the story last year - blew my mind seeing it finally hitting the news stands! Quick summary... Over CO enroute to SLC - got the FA call that a pax was in distress (chest pain?) and they had some medical assistance in the back… He told them to keep them posted so he could plan a medical diversion if necessary to possibly Grand Junction. Discussed with FO… FO said absolutely not, I think we press on to SLC.. Buddy was diplomatic as possible, something along the lines of; I respect your opinion, but, the decision is kind of 51/49 in my favor considering I am the captain of the ship, and GJT is the call if this pax goes south… FO points to his gun and says, I think this here says its 100 percent my decision… My buddy initially thought the dude was joking, then after pressing him a little bit, realized he wasn't joking, and the dude elevated the rhetoric. Ultimately, they end up in SLC, phone calls made, tapes pulled, sayonara FO Dunn…”