PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Release OCVA Replacement - The ACVA
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2023, 04:24
papakurapilot

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Here we are again. After promising the OCVA replacement would be ready a month ago this day has come and gone and now the metaphorical ball has once again been indefinitely kicked down the road with no end in sight.

Senator Fawcett has asked CASA various questions in senate estimates to which we got some very vague responses with no evidence offered to support the new stance nor a time frame on when this new generation of pilots can expect clarity. A lot of statements were also made claiming no retrospective changes will be made to pilot medicals even though I was expressly told by Tony Hochberg that this would be on 'a case by case basis'.

We also are aware of multiple cases where pilots sat the OCVA while it was current and were subsequently denied a clean medical as they were entitled to. This was expressly denied that this happened by CASA in these questions Senator Fawcett posed to CASA. Once again, zero accountability or zero requirement for CASA to prove this new approach is based on valid science. Just constant repeats of 'international consensus'.

I have attached the link to this latest video, until then I won't hold my breath for CASA to make headway on this as I will run out of oxygen before they've even gotten out of bed.

The following users liked this post: