PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2023, 13:22
GeorgeNTravels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
At the time when it was first announced, it was stated that EasyJet BFS/GLA to SOU were both intended to be seasonal service.

EasyJet stated that flights would operate until the end of the IATA winter season, which ends on 29 March 2024.

EasyJet has so far made no commitment to operating BFS/GLA-SOU for the IATA summer season, which commences on 30 March 2024.

Some outlets state that these two EasyJet domestic flights between BFS/GLA-SOU are going to be year-round, whereas some are stating that they are seasonal only. Remember EasyJet at the time stated that they were for winter season only.

EasyJet is more than likely using spare aircraft capacity at both BFS and GLA to operate these domestic routes to SOU.

Until EasyJet confirm that these two domestic routes will continue after the IATA winter 2023/24 season, I can't see them being much of a threat in the long term.

EasyJet is only operating five weekly flights to Southampton, three from BFS and two from GLA. In my opinion, these flights will actually benefit SOU, and it won't have a real effect on Loganair. In any event, these two domestic routes by EasyJet will open up a new market rather than depress it.

I have flown Loganair from SOU on several occasions, and I will continue to do so in the future. But that hasn't stopped me from purchasing a return ticket for £52 from easyJet for SOU to GLA.

Obviously, in the long-term, I would like to see easyJet being committed to these two domestic routes to SOU and expanding even further. But until these flights are confirmed to continue into the IATA summer 2024 season, we can only assume that EasyJet were correct in announcing that they were to be for winter season only.
easyJet press release from this week says that both routes are year round

https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stor...st-and-glasgow