PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows - toxic culture
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2023, 08:07
falcon900

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Is it not time for a reality check on both BBMF and RAFAT?
BBMF isn’t actually just about BB at all, and only partly commemorates important WW2 aircraft. I am all for a memorial flight, but why not get the name right or even contemplate including significant RAF aircraft more widely. There is a very active historic aircraft “scene” which could be harnessed to the task of presenting a meaningful historical perspective for current and future generations.
RAFAT is a more difficult argument to make in the current environment, but persisting with the reds in their current format seems wrong, and does the RAF a disservice in my view by duping the public as to the scale and wellbeing of the current service. Added to which I think we have all been somewhat numbed to the impact of the reds as a result of their displays essentially being “the same” to layman’s eyes for so long. I wouldn’t go very far out of my way to see the reds and don’t think I am alone. Loud fast jets on the other hand……
Intended as a supportive reality check rather than a criticism of anyone involved in the respective teams.
The following users liked this post: