PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COMPU-NAV Pilot Computer - Circa 1988 - HELP!
Old 4th Nov 2023, 03:05
Jeff_Birt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi all, I from the USA but recently got a hold of a COMPU NAV thanks to a nice chap down under. After some searching around this thread has been the only mention of it, I have found on the web. I emailed Aero Associates who were mentioned above. They informed me that they no longer support the product and no longer have any copies of the software tape available. I joined the forum just now, even though I am not a pilot, in hopes that someone how might still have the software would be kind enough to help me obtain a copy of it. Since I'm new to the forum I can't send PMs to other members yet.

My interest is in collecting pocket computers from this era and in particular these special purpose units, documenting and archiving the information. For example, last year I came across a TRS-80 PC-1 which was sold by a company in Nevada for use in crop dusting. It suffered the same fate as the Compu Nav, software lost when batteries died. I've not had any luck finding any information about it yet. I have a Canadian friend who is a retired airline pilot who carried various HP programmable calculators in his flight bag. The HPs seem to have been a popular choice for pilots.

I have the Compu Nav, box and manual, so I'm really just in need of the software. The original cassette would be nice but even a wav file of it would work. I'm going to scan the manual, take some nice photos, and make it available online for others. Eventually I'll try to do a YouTube video about these early special purpose 'customized' pocket computers.

Thanks for any help.
The following users liked this post: