PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows - toxic culture
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2023, 23:37
SVK

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jobza Guddun
Then you'd have to do the same to BBMF, who to the best of my knowledge, have not suffered the same issues? Why should they lose their identity for the actions of RAFAT personnel?

The difference is that one organisation is all about the mission and not about elitism. The other is all about a select group and absolutely all about elitism. Which one had the issues?
I disagree with your first point Jobza, but wholeheartedly agree with your second.

BBMF and RAFAT are fundamentally different in form and function.
BBMF aircrew (not just pilots) are taken from other Sqns and are volunteering their spare time to display their glorious old birds in flights of respect and remembrance. The aircrew generally have full time jobs on other RAF sqns. Having operated with quite a few of them (although I’ve never been anywhere near BBMF), I was often told how they wished they could be given a proper, full tour on BBMF like the Reds do.

However the way I see it now, it is to BBMF’s credit that the aircrew are not separated and cocooned from the wider RAF and allowed to foster an identity of elitism.

They wear green growbags during the week and black at the weekend. The stars of the show are the aircraft and what they represent, not the pilots.
The following 2 users liked this post by SVK: