PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2023, 19:44
horatio_b

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by D7666
Possibly not the right thread but here goes anyway.

I have just seen something exceptionally unusual - or at least for me to see.

At about 18:10 this evening high above Luton a column of 22 aircraft line astern on a track approx west to east more or less on a line between Luton Hoo house and Capability Green offices.

After that burst of rain cleared up around 17:00 and then clear sky I went for one of my usual walks of about 5 mile out from Luton past Parkway and on to the footpath parallelling the railway towards Harpenden.

At about 18:10 I had stopped for a pause to admire Jupiter in the east which is very bright tonight. As I turned away from the east still looking up at stars I saw half a dozen aircraft lights one behind the other moving more or less west to east. I had to look three or 4 times before I believed it, but 6 became 7, became 8, 9 ..... there were so many as they passed above and the lead aircraft disappeared from view more were still appearing. I made it 22 but that could be +/-2 as not all were in view at the same time.

Their general demeanor although high suggested to me they were heavies, even a layman like me knows no way would civil aircraft fly like that.

I'm sure we could all speculate who why where what they were doing, so I will limit this to just my report.

Hope of interest or maybe moderator shunt to a more appropriate thread; I put it here as it is Luton.
Starlink Satellites:

https://findstarlink.com/#2643339;3