PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2023, 19:14
ChippoPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optic, you're absolutely right to not be disheartened with your progress in the application process, making it from 20k+ down to a few hundred is really something to be proud of.

I feel your pain of being in a situation whereby you've not heard anything and are left to assume that no news is bad news. I had an interview that I think could have gone better. Now, late in the week, I'm finding myself thinking that it's late on a Friday, I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming no news is bad news.

There's always a possibility that the FTE interviews are going on for a few more days and perhaps your time will still come, and perhaps that is why they haven't made any decisions on who to progress from this stage.

In a perfect world it would be nice if there was complete transparency, e.g. an email from the schools/BA each week to summarise where the process is at would be nice. Something along the lines of "We are reviewing the first round of interviews for FTE and outcomes of the first interview batch will be sent out by Tuesday next week".

I'm being an idealist here and fully understand that BA and the schools have a massive task in front of them so I don't expect them to add to their overhead with extra communication. However for those of us who don't have the means to fund our own flying training, every stage is a step closer to a life changing opportunity and the suspense is killer!

Keep hanging in everyone, and try to avoid the 'no news is bad news' thoughts!

Last edited by ChippoPilot; 4th Nov 2023 at 09:50. Reason: Error