PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows - toxic culture
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2023, 17:06
Two's in
Below the Glidepath - not correcting

Received 60 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by SOX80
I don't in any way wish to be seen as condoning this behaviour but I think for a lot of people there should be an element of 'there but for the grace of god'. How many of us have in our younger days had too much to drink and behaved in ways that may well be considered inappropriate (naked bar in Fg Trg anyone?). If we ban the Reds for this we should probably also ban most rugby clubs, work Christmas parties, university clubs, Sqns away on dets? etc. I do think we have work to do on changing our culture, particularly the 90/00s 'lads drinking culture', and sexual assault is never 'excusable' but I just get a little bit uncomfortable with the holier than though, 'hang the guilty b**tards attitude from some.
It was always unacceptable behavior. Military personnel getting away with Luddite and misogynistic behavior never made it 'appropriate'. Daily life supporting (what used to be) a premier military team should never have been like a rugby club, a Christmas party or being student. It should have been an honour and a privilege to be an Ambassador for a highly professional and cohesive military unit, instead, those responsible for the atrocious conduct and those who ignored it have squandered the reputation of the service.
The following 8 users liked this post by Two's in: