PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows - toxic culture
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2023, 10:12
Flipster130

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd imagine its a pretty good time and opportunity to be on the Reds (and Blues) because the only way is UP - both in morale and outward perception of performance.
If the new Red One, the Team and their Execs can navigate a couple of seasons without shooting themselves in the foot again, then this dark period will pass. This is quite a challenge however. That said, the guys and girls who get to the Reds are right sort of people with the right mindset to meet that challenge - both in terms of ability and determination.
OTOH, at present. they must feel pretty awful and 'un-special' to be associated with the inappropriate and embarrassing 'peccadilloes' of previous years. The danger is that this causes serious flight-safety DISTRACTIONS (remember that video!) or, by trying to cut corners to get back to the top of the tree, they take small but extra risks that could/will bite them on the bum. They should keep it simple and just fly well....as far as I could see, all the 'private life and interpersonal' stuff didn't impinge on the quality and safety of the actual displays - but I only saw a couple.
Good luck and stay focused, I say.