PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SmartLynx contracts
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2023, 18:17
jis3003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by latecoere240
The other broker in Dubai is Aerviva. But we all know all of this it’s managed from baltic land.
If you apply on Smartlynx website and get trough recruitment process, good chance they will give you contract with Aerviva. It’s what i got.
I still have some good friends there. They removed their winter fees and maintained summer fees.
They will position you from everywhere in the world to keep their crew. It was not the case when i was there.

What Off-day removal fees amount? During my time there (2022) it was only 100 euros/ day… not really interesting.
Since so far it’s not really interesting. Some they prefer coming back home tonight as their flight ticket is more expensive than if you sell your off days 😅.

To Sum up, it’s play and game there and The standard is not good..
i will consider this company only in 2 cases :
1) in case of redundancy to get back on track and get current
2) for captain upgrade.
If a pilot on these contracts call in sick when not fit to fly, how is it handled by the company? Does the pilot deal directly with Smartlynx or with a representative for Aerviva? Does the pilot accumulate any kind of sickpay bank which can be drawn upon if he/she comes down with the flu? Does the pilot receive compensation from SmartLynx or the contract agency (which is obviously run and controlled by SLX)?