PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2023, 11:24
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Yes VLCfkight As JNB/CPT are my most regular long haul [first trip Dec 1965 on a VC10!] I have followed this market for a long time and used many carriers, not to mention F&F. I am meeting a friend at LHR this weekend, who has used a cheaper route from CPT via ZRH.

VS had already established a good record in ZA from 1996 (I think. My first trip with them to JNB was '97). I accept they had to retrench at one stage but now? I cannot understand how Delta ignore this market as Delta already serve JNB and CPT to ATL (friends have used), so they already have infrastructure in place to handle more rotations. If I was a Delta shareholder I would be asking questions as this destination is wide open.

The real puzzle is that they let their old enemy have free rein. When VS introduced the A350, it was it was stated that this would take over the JNB run from the 789, thus far, it is mostly the smaller machine. Amusingly Delta are running the A350 on both these routes! I'm sure that mgmt know what they are doing ...