PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 30th Oct 2023, 04:21
Batza250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey All

About a month ago I took a shot at the Rex cadetship and completed the 10-15 minute first interview, I got a email couple days back saying I was unsuccessful in my application.

They first asked me some questions about my opinions about Rex and what I think they do/places they fly too and i feel like answered the questions pretty well and gave them some examples of the routes they fly. They also asked to summarise thier FAQ page which I reckon I did pretty well.

They also asked about what I have been doing with work as I graduated Yr12 last year which I replied saying im currently working at a maintenance hangar at YMMB performing maintence on citations ,warriors and 152s to improve my aviation knowledge and to be more involved in GA etc I mentioned also that im AAFC cadet and have been involed heavily with the orginisations aviation programs teaching younger cadets about the fundamentals of aviation.

The big one was about my past flight experience, I told them I have 50 hours to which the interviewee took a step back and said how high that was and if i was nearly up to my PPL. I explained that ive only got a RPL and was going to continue to get my PPL but was advised not too as the cadetships dont like that so i spent the remaining hours having fun around Moorabbin as i had around 10-15 left on my 50 hour pre paid VET course. To that they asked me to send in a picture of my logbook of when I went first solo which was at 19hours , its a bit high but my training was stuffed around due to covid.

They didnt ask about grades from yr12 but I ended up getting a 77 atar and doing both physics and general maths, i feel like if grades were a issue they wouldnt have allowed me to even begin as a friend of mine was denied a interview due to his low atar.

I emailed them back asking for some feedback but they said they cant disclose anything but they said im more then welcome to apply again in 6 months so I dont think my previous flight experience was the issue because they would have told me to just get lost.

im not trying to be sore about it but I feel like I am a decent candidate when it comes to aviation experience, im assuming they found something that didnt that fit their criteria.

Anyway onto the next probably will apply again but im looking towards something closer to home such as the Moorabin Flying Services airline program with Kakadu Air and Southern airlines either that or the sharp program lord help me with the $200,000 fee.

just looking for some potential advice on where to go from here or maybe if anyone has some info on the MFS airline program. My main end goal after training is to head to greece and fly for Olympic or Aegean as its a long time dream of mine.

Thanks

Last edited by Batza250; 30th Oct 2023 at 04:43. Reason: added extra information