PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2023, 21:19
TCAS FAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
Does anyone have any further information regarding the recent works connected with the "cul-de-sac" and realignment of stands 1 to 5.

Nothing online or on the airports social media regarding the works taken out. I'd be interested to know if the works have been completed. I'm fully aware of the stands being realigned but I would also be interested to know what other changes were made.

With the realignment of stands 1 to 5 taking place I wonder if the next phase will include the construction of the northern taxiway 🤔
As previously speculated on this thread, and confirmed by a current NOTAM, the area formerly used for Stands 1-5 has been re-configured into four Stands numbered 2-5, which have now been brought into use.

While dimensions have not as yet been formally published it is highly probable that these will accommodate simultaneous parking of A320/B737.

From the limited information provided by the NOTAM it would appear that new surface markings have been applied, but vertical Stand designator signage is still to be installed.