PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA negotiations...a hypothetical?
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2023, 20:55
Going Nowhere

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
As someone in the 10 year plus bracket, the immediate pay bump is about the only benefit to this proposed EBA and if I was selfish, I’d vote yes based on that alone. I do high duty hours but little overnights so the DHAAAAAAAAA rate means 4/5 of **** all to me.

There appears to be close to zero in it for 80% of the pilot group. The boost in pay to the F/O’s will only get them above the award for a few years and then they’ll be back to where we are now.

The company can’t even recruit to fund the current 8 days off a roster, so you’re never going to see 10 days off. They’ll just accept the extra 8 hrs pay a roster and move on.

I’ve only heard one person openly say they support the proposed agreement. ADL base and just about every F/O appears to be in the ‘No’ camp.

Voting this up will be a wasted opportunity as it’s never been a better time to make significant inroads into years of eroded conditions. That doesn’t mean we need to go straight for the pitchforks and flaming torches style of PIA, but the negotiating team need to go back to the table and they need a clear mandate from a united pilot group to do that.
The following 3 users liked this post by Going Nowhere: