PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-10
Thread: Newcastle-10
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2023, 12:24
RA85684

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah it’s awful.

I’m responding from the beach at Agios Nikolaos, todays the worst day we’ve had. It’s 27 degrees and scattered cloud, I’ve only had 5 cans of Mythos and I’m miserable.

Don’t get me started on Chania over the weekend. 34 quid for the flight from Newcastle. Absolute rip off. And 29 degrees every day. Sunny. Too hot. Terrible. Wish we hadn’t come.

Getting the ferry to Rhodes on Saturday, I expect it’ll be just as crap. Everyone else must be of the same mind considering the last 3 flights back in November are sold out.

Sarcasm aside, we fly back ATH-RHO-EDI on 7th November and it was £80 each. Fantastic time to be over here. We didn’t expect the weather but we got it. And we aren’t jostling for space on the beach. I wish we could have flown back into NCL, and always would given the choice, but we miss the last Aegean and Jet2 wanted £300 so EDI won (even though it’s a toilet)

TUI are much more regimented and Jet2 far more flexible, it’s just the way they operate and it works for them.

Your average holidaymakers don’t base their destination on anything other than price or availability. So if you wanna go away in half term. You go where the planes go. Or if you’re bothered about WHERE you go, you find a route there. As we have. Simple as that.