PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2023, 00:23
Hyeeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyBySoul
Hello, everyone!
Execuse me for such a not common question, but will I have an opportunity to pass this job requrements without HG passport or ID?
Thankt you!
As far as I know about you, I do not recommend you to make this move yet or CX will probably fail you. Knowing that you are from Russia and recently I have been to Russia, talking to lots of my Russian friends including a female student pilot who finished your Russian flying course. Based on what I have seen in Moscow, obvious agents around Red Square, a huge Z on a building in the center area, huge stacks of flowers for Wagner, ads for recruiting soldiers everywhere, and a family I lived with telling me they would support the stand of the government and soldiers should go to there accomplish the course. Based on what is happening there I guess there will soon be another round of mobilization and you as a citizen will face a lot of unexpected arrangements since I heard that pilot programs in Russia are mostly founded by the government. You seem more valuable for BBC or more obligated.
From my perspective, you have one option if you really want to get into CX despite what might happen in your country. First, get your work Visa in HK or study Visa in Hongkong otherwise you will not be able to serve the company. But as a cadet, you will not have your work contract with CX yet so Visa is all on you. Second, if you pass and Cathay believes that you are competent for the position, you will need to get your student Visa for Australia. But again, considering Russian males mostly served in the army for one year when they were 18, the background check could be a bit tricky. Or if CX thinks you should study at PolyU then you also need a student Visa. But there could also be other ways if you consult a good lawyer.
I am not making any political stand here, I just want you to know what you are dealing with and I hope you will have the best. Trying will not cost you anything, but make sure you understand "the right to work in HK" is very important legally and CX would prefer an employee who can work for a long time. I hope you will come up with a perfect plan for yourself and be successful!