PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2023
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2023, 10:39
flyerton19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also received a rejection email this morning so thought I would share a few things from my experience. I went to one of the first assessment centres in September and felt that I had performed really well. I left thinking that it couldn’t have went any better which is all you can really do. Like the Captain said on the day there is a high degree of luck involved in the process too and it’s likely a lot of candidates on each given day are capable of performing the role to a high standard.

Yes I am disappointed, but not disheartened. The only negative I could think was that my school results weren’t the best however I had made the minimum requirements. I had left school nearly 12 years ago now though and have had a very good career in a non aviation field to date, I’m also doing my PPL. I’m not likely to apply for next years programme as I will hopefully have my CPL by then as have saved up cash to fund my own training. The assessment day was a very good experience in itself and is excellent preparation for any airline interviews you may have in the future. I also thought the standard of candidate on the day was very high. Whoever gets a place will be brilliant and also very lucky.

I wish everyone all the best.