PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Author seeking professional read for accuracy
Old 24th Oct 2023, 09:39
EmmaMac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Author seeking professional read for accuracy

Hi there,
First post here and I hope it's not out of scope. I'm writing a novel and the prologue contains a scene in which an aerial firefighter crashes - I am not interested in describing gory details of a crash or anything like that, but what I do need help with is the factual accuracy of the set up and some suggestions for the language that might be used by the pilots, as well as some suggestions for what might have gone wrong during a drop of fire retardant that could have caused the accident (at the moment I have the sun's glare at a critical moment). I'm working with a lot of artistic license here - as most readers will not be clued up on how these things work - so I don't want to be overly pedantic, but if anyone is reading this who wouldn't mind reading over a chapter for me and making some suggestions, please could you let me know or PM me (is that possible on this forum?) so I can send you the chapter.
Thank you so much in advance for any help. I don't want to completely misrepresent how these things work, as I know it's important to stay close to the truth, so I do appreciate anyone who takes the time to review this for me.
Best,
Emma