PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - H125 As350 HYD Cut-Off
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2023, 18:32
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by MitchStick
I flew many B3 from old ones to brand new ones and, as far as I can remember, every time I tested the HYD cut-off switch on the collective the pedals loose hydraulic assistance/
They do to an extent - what you would be feeling is the equivalent to a HYD failure - the TR accumulator is connected mechanically and not to the hydraulic actuation and is downstream in the control path to the TR unlike the MR accumulators. It has an over centre bell crank that compensates mechanically. It will be heavier but you can still move the pedals.

If you want to feel what is like with no compensation, pretty sure HYD OFF and HYD TEST at the same time will show you what it is like!

A few have tried this in flight with a HYD failure and activated HYD TEST instead of HYD OFF due to confusion and it is not reversible once done. Make sure your seatbelt is tight as you will lift yourself out of the seat trying to push the pedal!