PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2023, 07:53
Planeraz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LF’s

Lots of discussion and points of view regarding how certain people including myself calculate LF’s. I always caveat information I post with the word approx. I don’t proclaim to be 100% accurate. Unless you happen to be a data analyst with access to ALL data or information, no one is in a position to be 100% accurate. As others have commented on, swap out of equipment or general equipment variations from the scheduled aircraft impact on calculations.

In the bigger picture, S23 has been a successful one for EDI. Pax numbers not only back to but slightly ahead of pre pandemic - 2019 levels. Certain other airports in the UK such as Cardiff have not recovered at all from the pandemic. State owned and led by a Welsh gov who have some very anti aviation policies. Thank goodness EDI is not state owned as I believe the airport would be in a similar position to Cardiff for the same reasons.

Moving forward into W23, airlines around the world appear to be scaling back certain operations. Suspending routes or cutting frequencies. The state of Global economics kicking in perhaps.. So far however confidence for S24 appears to be strong. Continued growth for EDI? Who knows. US pre-clearance could be the key for continued growth into 2025 and beyond. Infrastructure and substantial investment by the owners is another huge question, yet to be answered. No one doubts that serious investment is required to take the airport to the next level. The obvious requirement is to create a terminal or infrastructure able to cope with peak demands. IF pre-clearance has been secured, something has to happen and quickly to put the airport in the best possible position to grow.