PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2023, 18:17
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stats

Originally Posted by CabinCrewe
interesting to see such variations in the figures we’re often presented with…
Some of it is down to interpretation of the configuration and whether cancellations should be counted or not. I have used the number of flights that operated as per the CAA punctuality stats which I probably should have credited and FR24 for the actual aircraft that was on the route each day but I didn't bother with United as their 757 configs are not too dissimilar.

Some can never be 100% accurate without insider knowledge as to where the business curtain ends on certain airlines although out the ones above only Turkish would fall into that category if they used one type of A321. Seat guru shows three configs, two for the A321, one includes business 3+3 with the middle seat blocked, the other is fixed 2+2 in business as is the A21N. I used the A21N config of 182 which I believe is correct as FR24 shows all flights were operated by this type and not the A321.

However having said all that, some of the original figures quoted were clearly wrong. What should not be disputed is the average pax per flight as the figure is supplied by the CAA.

Pete