PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Job Drive Australia
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2023, 01:57
mikewil

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
The future is sausage students, DA40 time with a "GA Ready" course done at the end to gain some 210 time.
I think you're sadly correct about this. I have had many former sausage factory students come through the door looking for a check flight to hire the C182 to get a bit of 'GA ready' experience and every one of them has said "I wish I just did my CPL at a place like this on a 'pay as you go' type arrangement whilst working another job to pay for it, then I'd have no debt and a CPL that cost me $80K and a better training experience rather than a $130K debt for that same CPL and a pretty lousy training experience".

It is sad that due to the massive turnover rates at sausage factories, students almost dread their training time because they feel rushed in the whole experience, can't get any extra time to ask their instructor a few questions and can't even spend an extra 5 minutes to become comfortable with the pre-flight inspection and run-ups because the instructor needs to promptly kick their ass out and not run late for the next 4 students of the day.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikewil: