PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2023, 17:36
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5strypes
Does anyone know the options for moving your belongings down to Dubai? I thought I heard of shipping containers etc but can't find concrete facts on it. I know there's a furniture allowance but that won't go far enough I'd imagine.
I'm told Emirates will pay for a 20' container from your origin country to Dubai. If you need more space, you must chip in the difference to upgrade to a 40' container. Be aware that you will pay the full amount either way, but will then claim it back from them. I think they use DNATA logistics, who will liase with packers in your home country. All my friends told me the experience was relatively painless, and the packers did a very good job wrapping everything up in general - this was all from my home country though, so experiences may differ. If you are accepted at Emirates, they will assign you an 'onboarding co-ordinator' who will be available to you regarding all the joining requirements, this included. They reported that the co-ordinators were very helpful in general.