PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tui runway excursion at Leeds Bradford 20/10/23
Old 21st Oct 2023, 00:27
Moonraker4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve1968
It cant just happen to anyone, and I dispute the "those that have and havent been end of the runway" as i discuss the outcomes in marginal weather with the First Officers and what it will read like on PPrune. careful planning and knowing when to press the TOGA button.
And see despite all this careful planning, it still CAN happen to anyone. No profesional crew set off that morning intending on having an incident. You can involve TEM all you want at the planning stage and guess what? That’s not enough sometimes to prevent undesirable states. Press TOGA? Why? On an approach that was undoubtedly stable at the gate, performance calculated for and aware of the current/big picture. Do you really think for one second that they thought this was the likelihood of continuing an approach?

Your attitude absolutely stinks and I’d seriously recommend paying some attention at your next CRM day. In the meanwhile, look at some case studies and that might hopefully start to shift that dangerous attitude of ‘it won’t happen to me’