PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings Europe F/O
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2023, 13:17
GeorgeOki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anotherwanabee
Hello everybody.
First I would like to share my experience with IP selection for Eurowings.
I don't want to ruin my ongoing selection so I will not reveal anything too specific, but I'll do my best to release a part of the stress that you may have now

BQ :
You don't have to be an astronaut guy. Without revealing anything specific I can tell you it could be very helpful to practice on Skytest the following exercices at a "medium" level of difficulty :
- Pair of Scales
- Character Combinations Test
- Codes Memory Test
- Shapes Test
- Multitasking with Color Tanks (but has not been used in the last few weeks)
- Multitasking with Instruments
- PFD Tracking Test
- Stack Test
- Cube Folding Test
- Cube Comparison Test
- Number Blocks Test
- Mental Arithmetics
- Math Word Problems

But on my opinion : don't practice to much because skytest is not 100% like the BQ, so there is maybe a small risk that you will feel uncomfortable if you spend hundreds of hours on Skytest.
If you are below average in an area, it could be compsensate by higher score in another area (that was the case for me I am apparently a disabled personn with the perception test),BUT english and ATPL questions are not compensable. Below a certain mark you fail the whole BQ. Achtung Freunde !

SIM FNPT

You will have a small briefing and the examiner is very relaxed, does his best not to add stress to your stress at this moment. It is stressful ! I was on my nerves!
We had to perform a SID up to 5000ft, then after steepturns (45deg) then ask to enter into the hold (VOR/DME fix) caution : calculate/estimate wind correction : 3 times wind correction during outbound leg.
I think I was at 6 or 8 DME when asked to continue direct the VOR to hold, so approx 2 or 3 min to figure out what to do, so you have time. wind aloft was quite significant (20kts) so it must be taken into account !
The simulator is, well not exactly a real aircraft, if feels a bit funny on the controls but it is manageable. No emergency are to be carried out during this test.
Then you hold, one complete holding pattern, then standard ILS from the beacon, you fly the ILS, you land pull parking brake.
And : (important!) you are asked to self assess yourself (part of the notation).
After a small debriefing the examiner tells you immediatly if you pass or not.
My feeling : approach briefing and flying at the same time the procedure was what I found to be the most difficult part of the test, I almost forget to speak about the DA !

Then you have all you need to succeed, I wish you best of luck ! Oh yes : I know it is important : during my two days at IP : rate of success at BQ : around 70 or even 80 % (self gross estimation)
Rate of success SIM : 7 out of 8.
This is aptitude test : in a day if everyone is above the threshold the everyone pass.

Voila

Then may I ask you something : my CQ is coming not before february 19 : almost 2 month after the SIM : is it something some of you are experiencing as well ? I fear that they will have covered all their needs of young FO in 2 month, don't you think ?

Then for the CQ, well I am eager to read here any friendly info to help us better prepare for that day.

Good luck all with your selections !
After having done the BQ on 17.10., I can confirm that this advice is very good for the BQ. Study those areas on Skytest, and you should be fine. You won't need a calculator for anything.