PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2023, 12:14
MickG0105

Received 232 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Mossberg
I had heard the Qantas credits were extremely difficult to use, could only be used on full price fares and every obstruction that Qantas could put in your way was used to frustrate customers. I don't think all re-bookings could be done online? Don't know because I didn't hold any credits with them.

I did hold several Virgin credits, that were held in the money bank, can't remember if that's what it was called? Using them was easy, on any fair and could be 100% done online. From my perspective it couldn't have been easier and I didn't feel ripped off at any point.
You have to ask though, if the VA credit redemption process was so easy, why do they have so much left unclaimed, less than 3 months from when it all expires.

After going into administration, VA had $1.131 billion in collected fares for flights never flown that was converted into credits. Three years later they have a shade over 37 percent of those credits still on their books.

QF, on the other hand, had $2.031 billion in Unavailed Passenger Revenue on their books as at 30 June 2020, with just over 28 percent left unclaimed three years later.

In absolute dollars, and as a percentage of credits held, a far greater amount has been redeemed by QF punters than VA. That is, at the very least, interesting, if not instructive.
The following users liked this post: