PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Job Drive Australia
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2023, 02:40
Clare Prop

Received 239 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by runway16
Clare, Hi,
I could not agree with you more.
That gets back to the level of training that that new CPL received. In my opinion many new CPLs are just not Job Ready and that is where the post CPL sign off comes into being, to bring the candidate up to standard.
I feel that CASA and its Part 142 150 hours regs has a lot to answer for the production of new sub standard CPL holders who are just not Job Ready.
R
Thre is no incentive to have them job ready or for the school to build a reputation of training pilots who will slot into commercial ops, because once they have signed up for the government loan they are in the trap and the school will be looking for the next lot.
Some statistics on how many enrol, how many finish and how many actually get a job within say three months of qualifying would be interesting and may need to be brought to the attention of some Senators who might want to know why on earth the government is funding this at all.
I have plenty of anecdotal stories about the success rates, surely the organisations have to provide this information to someone in Canberra to keep getting the money? Or do they??