PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diversion from SID/STAR questions
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2023, 17:34
Spir4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diversion from SID/STAR questions

Hi everyone,

A couple of questions about SID/STARs:
  1. If you're on a SID which has certain points with speed restrictions, and ATC clears you to climb to a higher altitude than the initial stop altitude for that SID, are you technically still on that SID and do the speed limitations for the different points still apply or not? I'd say yes, but I've heard differently.
  2. Whilst on the SID, ATC clears you direct the end point of that SID (so you skip some points on the SID). Does that mean you're completely of the SID, and you're now just going to a point without any restrictions that were linked to that SID? Or are you still on that SID and you can ignore the restrictions at the skipped points, but you still have to adhere to the restrictions at that final point where you've just been directed to?
  3. Whatever the responses are to the previous questions, I assume they're the same for STARs?
  4. ATC asks you to descent to FL090 and be level at a certain point. Later (whilst not being level yet) they clear you to an even further point (without mentioning any restrictions), skipping that initial point where you were supposed to be level at. Does this now mean you have to be level abeam that initial point, or can you now descent at your own rate?
This is for flying in the UK/Europe!

Thanks!