PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaza Air War
Thread: Gaza Air War
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2023, 03:42
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
I apologise for the Instagram link for the video. If anyone is able to find a better link please post it.

I find the video a really uncomfortable watch to be honest. The attacks of last week by Hamas were utterly horrific and cannot be excused in any way but I do not support what Israel has started by way of retaliation and I greatly fear what they are planning to do next.

Jets fully loaded with dumb bombs and what appears to be a campaign to flatten Gaza City is not a good look.

I really do not like the way that Western nations are blindly and predictably supporting Israel and effectively giving them Carte Blanche to do whatever they like. If ever there was a time to urge restraint and try to get round a table to find some sort of peaceful resolution this would seem to be it.

Increasingly, to me, Israel feel like a friend that you go to the pub with every Friday and they keep starting fights. Sooner or later you feel you should suggest to them that maybe there is a better way to enjoy a Friday night.

Maybe my view will be an unpopular one but I’m open to be educated if anyone feels that necessary. Just don’t resort to name calling or condescension.

BV

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyTlg...RlODBiNWFlZA==
Get round a table and find a peace resolution. How many times has that been attempted before. Whatever happens, whoever represents the anti-Israeli position, whatever they agree to they will soon breach any seize fire. In 1939, while the world headed toward WW2, Palestinian Arabs and Jews were brought together in an attempt to resolve, peacefully, changes to the Balfour Declaration, following an Arab revolt from 1936 to 1939. The attempt at a resolution, the Peel Commission, was a shambles, because the Arabs refused to sit in the same room as the Jews. The British Colonial Secretary had to trapse back and forth with messages and retorts from each side as a result. Chamberlain was proposing to limit Jewish immigration to Palestine to just 75,000 over the next five years. Bearing in mind the timing......well, the rest is history as they say!

FB