PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Euroflyer vs Easyjet
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2023, 13:01
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Therealguy
I am lucky enough to have received job offers for a first/second officer role with both BA Euroflyer and Easyjet respectively. I am now trying to work out the limbo of which one to take. I'm still young and it is my first flying job so I'm expecting to be thrown around a bit by either airline, and I've read into detail about both job roles and I'm split between the two. I feel like EZY is a bit more relaxed and casual with more route options avaliable to me initially. Then again BA it seems I have more options with my Career in the future (I would be joining the mainline seniority list) with options to move to Heathrow and go long haul! I guess the aim of this thread is just to try and get in insight to what it is like to work for either company to help make up my mind! Thanks!
Don’t get too excited about the route. Both do daytrips so you’re never getting off the plane, you just watch the autopilot fly an approach into a different ICAO coded airport.

Far more important is quality of life. Euroflyer has seniority, easyJet doesn’t. Easy and Euroflyer will feel almost the same, both random rosters (initially…), pay is similar ish, same type of work.

Command at easy pays more than at Euroflyer but the time will be the same more or less.

What’s different is in 20 years. Go to easy and you’ll still be doing the late Friday night corfu. Euroflyer and you’d be a 350 captain heading off to South American by that point.