PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2023, 05:25
UsernameGoesHere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
So I'm just wondering what the salary for VARA is in Perth compared to working for VA doing domestic and short-haul international flights. I applied just last week and I know it's super competitive (I've applied a few times over the years but moved into the Education industry during COVID and now am trying again to get into Aviation), especially when it's quite a small fleet in Perth and not as many crew required for an F100 compared to an A330. Plus, chances for overnights and additional allowances when flying regional seem to be very rare when you're mostly flying up North to mine sites, back down, fly to other destinations and then back to Perth for the night (or other flights/combinations). Is that right or am I wrong in how this works?
Last year I applied for Network Aviation (QF) and got through to the AD but was in the UK so couldn't attend. I always wonder how that could have gone... Sorry, that had nothing to do with this subject or airline (I need that emoji with sweat on the side of its head haha - sadly it's unavailable on PPRUNE.).
Thanks everyone