PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Job Drive Australia
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2023, 22:21
Global Aviator

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts
If we are talking about first job then it is the operators who should be doing the training. You can’t expect a newbie with zero time out of training to ‘get’ real commercial ops.

Eons ago when I did my CPL it was at a reputable school, lo and behold, luckily not long after landed that first job in a remote location. Erm how do you use the HF😳. So yes things slip and schools should make sure that everything is covered. I was employed at a time when there’s the keys there’s the aircraft off ya go, yep all 230 hours……

Move along a bit and I employed quite a few newbies with bare minimums from the CPL what counted was ATTITUDE and basic flying ability. It was then up to the team to smash out ICUS flying till they were up to speed and off ya go.

Now if you are talking 2nd / 3rd job then pilots should already be ready. However employers should be the ones spending the time.

I can’t believe there are still outfits around that charge for a check flight to see if you are employable!

So yes it’s a double edged sword, but have the right attitude, as many have said here up skill outside of aviation, and then 🤞🏾 for the good luck.

Now the ‘drive ready’ course… You’re onto something here, applications can be sent to dontbeasucker get out there and do it!