PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2023, 19:07
gigachad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aviatorfr
Dear Gigachad and all members,
Thank you for your post related to information on Cadet pilot program, I would like to request your kind advice on the cadet pilot training in Europe or outside ?
Please advise which cadet training program will be good which offers a job or atleast completes the ATPL training.

Thank you
ca va my friend.
If your intention is to work in europe i recommend european ones. EASA license is highly valued.
The cadet programs I recommend are the ones where the airline financially invests in your training either partially of fully and these are for example: Aer lingus future pilot program, British airways speed bird academy, TUI free MPL, Wizz air pilot academy.
When the airline puts money from their own pocket, they are less likely to let you go and kick you out. In my opinion these are the only real cadet programs with ' job guarantees' , the ones where you pay everything from your pocket are not.

The next best thing is to apply for free education via a university. I know that your country, France has ENAC. Many ex ussr and some nordic countries have this program in place, where you get a university degree and an atpl. This is great because now you will also have something to fall back on, incase you do remain unemployed.

If you must go down the private sector, keep in mind that these flight schools are businesses first and education institutions 2nd. Lies, deceit and scams are not uncommon to lure in clueless students, alot of them ask large sums of up front payment which releases them from the responsibility of providing quality or on-time training. I recommend to contact schools or aeroclubs which are run by pilots themselves, have look at their briefing rooms, training material and fleet. Keep in mind that school might claim 10 aircraft but in reality just fly 2. In short- go modular, do not pay upfront, research the school in depth- look where their students end up via linkedin, contact students and talk to them from different phases of training etc.

paying for integrated atpl with a cadet program doesn't give you any extra privilege. We saw this during times of crisis.