View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2023, 09:00
Checkboard

Received 122 Likes on 59 Posts
A quick google shows Kununurra operators using:
Shoal Air - C 207 & C210
Kununurra Air Tours - C210 & GA Airvans
Avair - GA Airvans

So yeah, round dial Cessna time is still relevant. If you were really switched on, you’d do your CPL training in one.

I agree about the interview. The Qantas interview (25 years ago!) was all about psych tests and other rubbish, but the Ansett interview was all about how nice a person you were, and if you were going to be interesting enough to sit next to for four hours at a time.

And, back in the day, GA operators used to be a bit leary about pilots with only flying instructor backgrounds. Too “by the book” and not enough GA “get on with it” was the impression. (which I disagree with, but I’m not the one hiring).

oh, and learn to cook. You don’t have to be Jamie Oliver, but three pasta dishes and three Asian dishes from memory should do it to start. If you’re going to work up north, then at some point you’ll be sharing a house, and that means (for social and practical reasons) sharing the cooking. You don’t want to be the boring person who has to order pizzas each Wednesday. That means learn to eat as well. If you're a fussy eater, if you've ever pushed away a plate of food made by your parents, if you only eat fried food, or no vegetables - then give that up. Eat food others have cooked with a smile.

Last edited by Checkboard; 12th Oct 2023 at 10:12.
The following 3 users liked this post by Checkboard: