PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 9th Oct 2023, 06:38
Sandy Reith

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
Know your facts

Originally Posted by Mr Mossberg
I've seen small and incremental change in what Pip Spence has announced over time. I think it's a little early to judge her yet.

Sandy, on your observations reference the 'self declared medical' she would be relying heavily on those reporting to her reference the facts. There is no way she could be across the detail on every piece of legislation. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that there are people undermining her within CASA, trying to make her look incompetent?
Agreed Ms. Spence could not be across every piece of legislation but the AVMAD reform has been a hot topic for years and when someone puts out a statement for her to sign about “world’s first” she should be across that detail. If she has been deliberately fooled, or led astray by sheer incompetence then she must start sacking people or moving them down to their level of incompetence.

If memory serves Ms. Spence acknowledged some 600 submissions about proposed medical certification some time ago. Anyone who had contacts or wished to get to the truth about aviation medicals (farce) could seek advice from sources both inside and outside of CASA. A few phone calls and a days research would be plenty.

CASA is a dysfunctional body that’s become delusional and hasn’t had a leader prepared to discover the realities of day to day GA operations, quite apart from making a number of easy reforms to give some heart to the GA community.

Having been in the GA scene since the 60s I think I can conservatively say that our GA industry is something considerably less than 50% of its potential, i.e., many $billions of lost opportunity due entirely to the extremes of CASA and its control freakishness and fee gouging ways.

And I’ve seen many others suffer in a personal way, Glen Buckley is only one of a very long list because for CASA it’s wrongful behaviour has become normalised across decades of habit.

Hard to believe but it is that bad, a very sorry state of affairs and negative to our economy, personal freedom and National security.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sandy Reith: